[Opensim-users] Avatar is cloud

BlueWall jamesh at bluewallgroup.com
Wed Oct 26 10:41:57 UTC 2011

xujiyi wrote:
i've recently download opensim 0.7.3,when i used standalone mode,avatar
can be drawn correctly.But when i used grid mode,avatar is fog.Could you
tell me why and help me to solve this problem.Thank you!(i were puzzled
by the fog problem for a long time when secondlife viewer updated to
viewer2) PLease give me the email: xujiyi at 126.com

*********

The viewer downloads all the textures needed for the avatar from the
server. Then it bakes the textures to fit the size and shape of the
avatar, adding wrinkles to the clothing and setting the lengths of the
sleeves, legs, etc.. When it completes that process, it will send an
update. If the viewer cannot render one or more of the textures needed
your avatar will remain a cloud. So, you probably have a corrupted
texture causing it to hang.

If you are able to rez objects from your inventory, then the server is
ok. In that case, try creating a completely new avatar by making new
body parts and clothes. You can test each of the old parts to see which
is corrupted. You should clear your viewer cache and relog between each
part.

Hope that helps,
BlueWall