[Opensim-users] Problems with WIFI 0.7

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:36:59 UTC 2011

>From: Levi Martson <levi.martson at immersiveeducation.org>
>
>I'm running OpenSIm 0.7.2 with WIFI 0.7.2, and everytime I try to activate a
>pending account, I get this message on my ROBUST server and my browser says
>something about rinos and hippos:
>
>2011-10-24 18:50:55,162 ERROR -
>OpenSim.Framework.Servers.HttpServer.BaseHttpServer [BASE HTTP SERVER]:
>HandleRequest() threw System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not
>set to an instance of an object.
>    at Diva.Wifi.Services.SetAvatar(Environment env, UUID newUser, String
>avatarType)
>    at Diva.Wifi.Services.UserActivateGetRequest(Environment env, UUID
>userID)
>    at Diva.Wifi.WifiUserManagementGetHandler.Handle(String path, Stream
>requestData, OSHttpRequest httpRequest, OSHttpResponse httpResponse)
>    at
>OpenSim.Framework.Servers.HttpServer.BaseHttpServer.HandleRequest(OSHttpRequest
>request, OSHttpResponse response)
>
>Anybody got any ideas?

Yes... I just tested and it gives error 500 to the browser and gives
the following error in the ROBUST console.

11:22:47 - [BASE HTTP SERVER]: HandleRequest() threw
System.NullReferenceException: [MYSQL GENERIC TABLE HANDLER]: Trying
to store field creatorID for OpenSim.Data.XInventoryItem which is
unexpectedly null

We do not normally have web account creation left on with our Wifi
setup, so I had not gone back over this recently... but I had earlier
spotted this error before with 0.7.2 dev when using Wifi 0.7.1.1...
and just tested with 0.7.3 Dev Master (r/17006) and Wifi 0.7.2 and
its still an error.

We have a custom web error pages so don't see the default rhinos and
hippos message!  You cae make your own error messages using the
examples in /bin to create http_404.html and http_500.html