[Opensim-users] Sitting problem under Windows

Volker Gaessler fe11 at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 21 14:08:43 UTC 2011

I have a strange problem when sitting with an avatar. When clicking sit on a
chair (with or without script) the following happens:

·         the avatar goes to the chair but does not sit down

·         sit animation is not playing

·         the standup button does appear

·         if the object contains a script, it does not receive the change
event

·         this happens on each sit during the session, relogging is
necessary

·         The log shows only this message:
[SIT]: Client requested Sit Position: <-0.1148415, 0, 0.1340141>

·         In the viewer log I get this message:
WARNING: LLAudioBufferOpenAL::loadWAV: LLAudioBufferOpenAL::loadWAV() Error
C:\Users\vg\AppData\Local\Imprudence\4c8c3c77-de8d-bde2-b9b8-32635e0fd4a6.ds
f There was already an AL error on entry to an ALUT function
the filename can also be 8eaed61f-92ff-6485-de83-4dcc938a478e.dsf .
However both files are present and they are equal to files with the same
name in sessions where the problem does not occur.

·         I did not use wireless in my tests, client and server were in the
same subnet.

·         I have the impression it happens slightly more often when running
the client on the same machine as the server.

It seems as if the sitting process is stuck in the middle due to the OpenAL
warning?

This happens for me in about 50% of the cases. I reproduced it with the
following viewers:

·         Imprudence 1.3.2RC2

·         Imprudence 1.3.2

·         Imprudence 1.4.0 beta 2

·         (It seems to work with Phoenix 1.5.2)

and with OpenSim 0.6.9 postfixes (aa8e7ae6...) running on

·         Windows Server 2003

·         Windows XP

·         Windows 7

·         all 32 bit

It works with OpenSim 0.7.2.RC2. However, for a number of reasons we cannot
upgrade the OpenSim  server in the near future and must use 0.6.9 postfixes
for a while. Does anyone have a clue what the cause of this problem is and
if there is maybe even a patch available?

Thanks,

Volker