[Opensim-users] Worn item broken if modified outside grid

Shaun Erickson ste at smxy.org
Sat Oct 15 20:15:40 UTC 2011

This isn't limited to only the case of modifying something off of your home grid.

I find that any scripted attachment or HUD is in danger of being destroyed in the same way you have found, just by wearing it when I make an HG TP. It doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough that I have learned to either take it off before I HG TP, or make sure I have another copy of it, in case it's destroyed. Just like you found, once destroyed, the console complains of not being able to find the item, when I try to wear it. I never see any error associated with the item's destruction though.

I have observed this behavior for well over a year now, but with no way to reproduce it on command and with no error message associated with the item's destruction, I haven't filed a mantis.

I will say that one of us should probably actually look in our database to see if the thing it claims can't be found is actually there or not.

-ste (smxy, in IRC)