[Opensim-users] Problem Hypergridding from inside LAN

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 03:07:36 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'm quite certain this question has been asked and answered before - but my
google-fu is failing me because I can't find the answer!

Here are the details:  My opensim server is running 0.7.2 RC2 in grid mode,
HG enabled obviously.  It has a static IP of 74.83.xx.xx.

I log into my grid from another machine on my home network.  This client
machine has an internal IP of 192.168.xx.xx and an external IP of
69.61.xx.xx.

I can log into FleepGrid just fine.  I can log into New World Grid just
fine.  If I try to HG jump from FleepGrid to New World Grid, the jump fails.
 If I log into New World Grid and HG jump to FleepGrid, the jump fails.

Clearly there's an issue because the host grid sees my client IP address as
not matching the IP address the destination grid detects.

What's the solution?   Sorry to ask a question that has surely been asked a
million times, but after an hour of searching the nabble archives.. I give
up!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life