[Opensim-users] Opensim won't connect to mysql server on diva distro

Vanish Seriath vanish.tomorrow at googlemail.com
Sun May 22 19:05:29 UTC 2011

Hi there,

have you started mySQL? On OSX you'll need to start it first every time
your computer starts up. You can do that through system preferences, if
you installed the mySQL preference pane, or via terminal:

shell> cd /usr/local/mysql
shell> sudo ./bin/mysqld_safe
(Enter your password, if necessary)
(Press Control-Z)
shell> bg
(Press Control-D or enter "exit" to exit the shell)