[Opensim-users] plugin/extension/module system for viewers?

Cider Jack ciderjack.vw at gmail.com
Mon May 16 21:33:07 UTC 2011

Thanks Sean for such in-depth coverage of what some potential issues
are in implementing such a system. So it still sounds doable -
although much more work than what I had expected! I would also expect
it to be problematic that there is a selection of TPVs that the
plugins would need to work with (the standardization issue mentioned
by Toni), rather than just one.

I didn't know (obvously) that RealXtend was working on something like
this with their viewer. I had tried out RealXtend several months ago
(Naali I believe), I can't recall my impressions of it but never used
it again in favor of Imprudence and eventually removed it. Just
downloaded the latest and will give it another look.

Thanks for the feedback on this guys! I understand better why we
haven't seen it (yet), but mainly just wanted to put the idea out
there in the hopes that somebody would pick up the ball and run with
it. Will sign off here and let the list get back on topic. :)

Cheers,
~!CiderJack