[Opensim-users] attempt to upgrade Diva to 0.7.1 from 0.7.0.2 - crash on login

Caia Naxos caia.naxos at gmail.com
Sat May 14 14:42:05 UTC 2011

Diva: Thank you.  We put in that new bit to allow zero datetime and it seems
to solve that problem - no more crashing on login, but...

I hate that there is a but and that this seems to be leading to another
issue, perhaps - I am submitting another message titled "7.1 Diva Mesh
Upload error?" in case
it needs to be looked at separately.

But your solution, Diva, does address the crash on login problem - we just
saw another issue that seems to be related to uploading Mesh.

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM, Diva Canto <diva at metaverseink.com> wrote:

>  First time I hear about this.
> According to this:
>
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-net-connection-options.html
> there is an Allow Zero Datetime option. According to Melanie, it looks like
> we need to add it to the connection string.
>
> Edit your MyWorld.ini; your connection string should look like:
> ConnectionString = "Data Source=localhost;Database=opensim;User
> ID=opensim;Password=***;Old Guids=true;Allow Zero Datetime=true;"
>
> (don't forget the last ';')
>
> Let me know if that solves the problem, and I'll add it to the default
> connection string in the next release. Also in OpenSim inis.
>

> On 5/12/2011 8:37 PM, Caia Naxos wrote:
>
> Did a test installing 0.7.1 fresh, with a new database.  No problems. I
> decided to try upgrading the existing installation.  Didn't see any
> problems, so tried logging in.  Ran into an error: Unable to convert MySQL
> date/time value to System.DateTime - and then there's a crash.  In
> researching I found this Mantis record: #0005474 which seemed to mirror our
> problem. I also saw a resolution:
>   The new connector has an option to allow a zero datetime, which needs to
> be added to the connect string.
>
>  What I need to know is which is the 'new connector' and how do I format
> the data to be entered - just a bit of clarification.
>
>  Thanks!
>
> --
> Caia

Caia