[Opensim-users] MySQL dumb Question about adding a sql file to my current database.

Adam Farrugia uqafarru at fdn.uq.edu.au
Thu May 12 23:41:41 UTC 2011

mysql -u [username] -p[password] opensim < groups.sql

>I am currently trying to get groups working.  Something I haven't done
>in ages.  That was until jor3l pointed me out to thier fixes.  One
>problem for me.  It has been a long time since I tried the flotsom
>version and assume I still have to add the groups.sql file to my opensim
>database.  I forgot the commands to do that.  Could someone remind me
>how to do that?  I don't want to loose any data in the mean time.

>Thanks for your spare time.
>InuYasha.

Hi InYasha,

Execute the following from the command line:

mysql -u [username] -p[password] opensim < groups.sql

The above syntax assumes that your opensim database is called "opensim" and that the sql file is actually called "groups.sql". The username and password are the ones with the necessary permissions for the opensim database. If you haven't defined them you can use the root username and password for your mysql instance.

If you are under windows, you'll need to execute the  command in the command prompt from the location where the bin directory is located.

Rgds,

Adam Farrugia
PIER Virtual