[Opensim-users] Want to log avvie position and facing direction to a file

Simon Slavin s.slavin at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 31 11:30:21 UTC 2011

On 30 Mar 2011, at 2:02pm, Neil Canham wrote:

> Using llGetObjectDetails() to get the position and rotation and sending them using llHttpRequest() to a simple logging PHP script seems simplest to me.  Set a timer to call this every second or so.

There's a maximum of 25 requests in 20 seconds, so I am limited to one a second, I guess.

I note from the documentation that requests automatically get a position and direction in the HTTP headers.  So if I can make my own avatar send the request, I should get the avvie's position and direction, right ?

Instead, is there any way for a script to write a line to the opensim.log file ?  Perhaps by talking to a DEBUG channel ?

Simon.