[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 43

drwhiet at spacefriends.de drwhiet at spacefriends.de
Wed Mar 30 22:06:34 UTC 2011

enlightning**

Best regards
Wordfromthe Wise

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] Im Auftrag von
lists at asquare.org
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 30. März 2011 21:52
An: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Betreff: Re: [Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 43

Hi

Neil is right, I'd use (and have done myself) the php solution.  Very
flexible and you can get anything to pick it up on the other end i.e.
simply write it to a file, show it on a webpage, pull it into processing,
push it back into opensim to puppet another avatar etc. etc.

If you go with that option have a look at this which explains very well how
to do it: http://www.nickyee.com/pubs/secondlife.html

Alternatively there are services which can do this online for you if you
want graphs and stuff, I know of this (never used it so can't testify to how
good it is):
http://community.pachube.com/?q=node/82

I'm wondering if there is a way to do it with Yahoo Pipes:
http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/ (possibly...)

All of the above will involve delay (a few seconds), if timing is important
to you i.e. you need it to be more like midi is used in performance then
there is this:
http://www.openmetaverse.org/projects/libopenmetaverse

However that's complex so I'd avoid.

Garrett