[Opensim-users] Avatar appears as cloud

Garrett Lynch lists at asquare.org
Sun Mar 27 08:58:12 UTC 2011

Hi

I've tried clearing the cache in imprudence and no change.

> Short answer you have corrupted textures in eyes or skin. Your avatar never
> finish downloading textures.
> Do new skin eyes and you solve problem.
>
> Locate in edit apareance what texture of your skin or eyes never finish
> download. Replace it... and solve

I can't chose edit appearance, it tells me I have to wait until clothes and shape have downloaded before I can edit them.

> This happened to me a few times in the past. The only way I found to fix it was to edit the database and delete all rows with your Avatar UUID from the Avatars table. This effectively ruthes your avatar, and you can start putting on your wearables again.

Which database?  I presume you don't mean the mysql database, there is no table for avatars there.

Garrett
Garrett at asquare.org
http://www.asquare.org/
http://www.asquare.org/networkresearch/