[Opensim-users] Help with port forwarding for OpenSim

Garrett Lynch lists at asquare.org
Tue Mar 22 22:14:18 UTC 2011

On 22 Mar 2011, at 21:05, Teravus Ovares wrote:

> I do see that there's a DMZ option on your device (It's that DMZ link
> under the .Application Sharing link on the left navigation bar).   If
> you set your OpenSimulator computer as the computer in the DMZ
> (DeMilitarized Zone), and make sure that your firewall is 'off', It'll
> work

I stand corrected, this does work, not sure what I did differently the
last time.  Anyway I've gone a step further port forwarding is now
working as my firewall is enabled with the computer selected under DMZ
and I can get to it in OpenSim.  Am I completely off track on this but
this would seem to suggest that the port configuration I set up worked
all along (i didn't change this configuration) but if fact the
ipaddress I was entering to use with it was wrong?

Thanks in advance
Garrett

Garrett at asquare.org
http://www.asquare.org/