[Opensim-users] Phoenix viewer corrupting MySQL database. Anyone else?

Luisillo Contepomi luisillocontepomi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 21:21:35 UTC 2011

Please apologize for any errors or omissions that may be made to translate
the English language.

Problems with attachments points and OpenSim

The opensim database is not corrupted when this problem ocur

The OpenSim database is not "corrupt. " Only stores different data and do so
only with the clothes you have
dress (worn) with another viewer.  "spoils" (to be seen with Hippo) only
what you're wearing with the new viewer.
If you go back to hippo and  attach all again
the problem is solved by writing the old values ​​in opensim.avatars mysql
table.

Por si no quieres seguir leyendo el problema no es de opensim sino de la
parte cliente, concretamente el  problema lo tiene Hippo y los
visualizadores antíguos.

If you do not want to continue reading this long post with explanations, Is
not the opensim problem, is the client side problem,
 Hippo and the old viewers.

Solution is that all users use the same viewer in opensim.
All deliver the same value, and everyone knows where to draw everything.
All "speak" the same language.

The SL Viewer 2 have not this problem.

Now the long explanation

Source of the problem, preliminary:

I have observed people landing in the region and its attachments, hair
ornaments remained in the landing point at the height of the pelvis,
 while the avatar traveling through the region.

When avatar leave region, their attachments disappear.
The avatar with problems look at itself properly and that you are missing
some of their attire.

Asking to this users what viewer are using, normally was new viwers as
phoenix ascent and others.

Missed, I stopped to think what might be happening and I went to my test
Grid to see and try to reproduce the problem
 and direct client-server dialogue.

Tests
-------

I used differents viewer for two avatars. "observer" and  "test" avatars.

For the observer avatar used Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3
For the test avatar i used:

Phoenix  1.5.2. (818)
Second Life 2.5.2 (223426) Mar 10 2011 17:38:45
Hippo OpenSim Viewer 0.6.3

I did not use others because it was not necessary for my research it became
clear the problem.

The attachment points used by hippo and slv2 (and write in table
opensim.avatars by server) are different

Hippo give the same valours as is in function  "llAttachToAvatar"

 http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlAttachToAvatar

"_ap_1"     chest/sternum
"_ap_2"     head
"_ap_3"     left shoulder
"_ap_4"     right shoulder
"_ap_5"     left hand
"_ap_6"     right hand
"_ap_7"     left foot
"_ap_8"     right foot
"_ap_9"     back
"_ap_10"     pelvis
"_ap_11"     mouth
"_ap_12"     chin
"_ap_13"     left ear
"_ap_14"     right ear
"_ap_15"     left eye
"_ap_16"     right eye
"_ap_17"     nose
"_ap_18"     right upper arm
"_ap_19"     right lower arm
"_ap_20"     left upper arm
"_ap_21"     left lower arm
"_ap_22"     right hip
"_ap_23"     right upper leg
"_ap_24"     right lower leg
"_ap_25"     left hip
"_ap_26"     left upper leg
"_ap_27"     left lower leg
"_ap_28"     belly/stomach/tummy
"_ap_29"     left pectoral
"_ap_30"     right pectoral
"_ap_31"     HUD Center 2
"_ap_32"     HUD Top Right
"_ap_33"     HUD Top
"_ap_34"     HUD Top Left
"_ap_35"     HUD Center
"_ap_36"     HUD Bottom Left
"_ap_37"     HUD Bottom
"_ap_38"     HUD Bottom Right

The most modern viewers give new valors for the same attachment points:

"_ap_129"     chest/sternum
"_ap_130"     head
"_ap_131"     left shoulder
"_ap_132"     right shoulder
"_ap_133"     left hand
"_ap_134"     right hand
"_ap_135"     left foot
"_ap_136"     right foot
"_ap_137"     back
"_ap_138"     pelvis
"_ap_139"     mouth
"_ap_140"     chin
"_ap_141"     left ear
"_ap_142"     right ear
"_ap_143"     left eye
"_ap_144"     right eye
"_ap_145"     nose
"_ap_146"     right upper arm
"_ap_147"     right lower arm
"_ap_148"     left upper arm
"_ap_149"     left lower arm
"_ap_150"     right hip
"_ap_151"     right upper leg
"_ap_152"     right lower leg
"_ap_153"     left hip
"_ap_154"     left upper leg
"_ap_155"     left lower leg
"_ap_156"     belly/stomach/tummy
"_ap_157"     left pectoral
"_ap_158"     right pectoral
"_ap_159"     HUD Center 2
"_ap_160"     HUD Top Right
"_ap_161"     HUD Top
"_ap_162"     HUD Top Left
"_ap_163"     HUD Center
"_ap_164"     HUD Bottom Left
"_ap_165"     HUD Bottom
"_ap_166"     HUD Bottom Right

Así cuando el usuario que tiene Hippo le pide al servidor los datos de lo
que lleva el avatar que está renderizando,
"no comprende" esos puntos de attachment así que por defecto lo dibuja todo
en chest (_ap_1).

So when the user having Hippo asks to the server data which worn by the
avatar being rendered,
"does not understand " these points of attachment so by default it draws
everything in chest (_ap_1).

By other side can not be all attached to the same point, for the observer,
the objects remain in the local position where
they have been loaded by the test avatar and do not move from where have
dresses.

The slv2 viever speack both codification types,

This means that the Second Life viewer V2 Yes interpreted correctly both old
and new values​​. I guess that's what the "compatibility " with the 1.23 and
above.

Until developers of Hippo viewer  program for both codification systems new
and old points of attachment,
 must always use a single display and all the same. Or all a Hippo or all of
the new.

Sorry for the extension of the post.