[Opensim-users] Floating text not going away

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:19:16 UTC 2011

There are a number of persistent properties of objects which stay
even when the scripts which originally set up the values or
properties are removed.  You can explicitly remove the properties
with a script which sets things to some null or empty state
typically.  The properties include:

Text Label
Rotation
Particle Effect
Sound Emitted and Volume Level
Sit Position

Here is an LSL script I keep handy to pup in a prim I want to remove
properties from.  I just put this in the object and then remove it
again, just to make sure I start with things in a default or empty
state where I reuse complicated objects.

// Prim Turn Off Properties

default
{
     state_entry()
     {
         // Turn off any previously set sit target on prim
         llSitTarget(ZERO_VECTOR,ZERO_ROTATION);

         // Stop any rotation
         llTargetOmega(<0,0,0>,0,0);

         // Turn off any particle effects in prim
         llParticleSystem([]);

         // Turn off any sounds in prim - see
http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlStopSound
         llStopSound();