[Opensim-users] Voice and MOAP in the same grid?

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 23:20:40 UTC 2011

On 3/9/2011 8:56 PM, Mike O'Brien wrote:
>     So far as I understand it, the following things are true:
>
>     1) In order to use Media on a Prim (i.e. llSetPrimMediaParams()),
> it's necessary to use Viewer 2, specifically 2.5.1.
>
>     2) In order to use Freeswitch, it's necessary to use anything
> OTHER than Viewer 2 (Hippo, etc.).
>
>     My grid is behind a firewall, so I can't use a vivox.com account.
>
>     Is there any way I can have BOTH llSetPrimMediaParams, AND voice,
> working on a grid behind a firewall at present?  Is there some other
> voice solution that works with Viewer 2?
>
> Mike O'Brien

I have another one along these lines, I can't seem to use viewer 2.0+
and keep my attachments in place because opensim don't use something
called attachment staking, without ruining my clothing attachments, so I
have to stick with Hippo.  Plus, I was only recently told after trying
for way to long to use Freeswitch, only to be told that I must set up
freeswitch using IP numbers, because it won't work using an IP DNS
server like DYNDNS for an external IP.  I can't afford a business
account at my ISP, so my IP is dynamic.  I am also behind a firewall,
but have acces to opening my ports..

So, now you are telling me with your list, that I can't use one of my
last choises to add voice to my grid, because I can't have a firewall at
all with Vivox?  Do I have any other choises to add voice that I can
look up and try to get running?

It just seems as I go along, I get more disapointed.
I hope there is a little light at the end of this tunnel.
Help is so very appreciated.

InuYasha..

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.0.2 with 49 Regions
On Windows 7, 64-bit. Quad Core With a Terrabyte Drive, and 8gig
Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, and MySQL 5.1.41-community