[Opensim-users] OpenSim 1.7.0.2 and MySQL Versions

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 23:46:25 UTC 2011

On 3/9/2011 4:40 PM, Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
> Funnily enough, I just updated Git master to use the newest MySQL
> connector (6.3.6) in commit 3e5b1a1 so you might also want to try
> copying it from there.
>
> This dll might also solve the problem where some long-running
> migrations fail.
>
> On 09/03/11 21:25, Sean Hennessee wrote:
>> I don't know all the details, but I have heard there are different
>> versions of MySql.Data.dll. If you get the newer
>> version, it should work with the newer versions of MySQL. We are
>> running MySQL 5.1.55-1 which was not working until we
>> got the newer dll. You might try here:
>> http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/net/
>>
>> Peace,
>> Sean
>>
>> On 03/09/2011 11:17 AM, Clive Gould wrote:
>>> Hi everyone
>>> It has become clear that OpenSim 1.7.0.2 using Mono 142439 under Centos
>>> 5 will simply not work with mysql-5.1.55 or mysql-5.1.56
>>> It does however work fine with mysql-5.1.50
>>> Good luck
>>> Clive
This doesn't have to do with your MySql problem, but I would like to
know I am not THAT far behind on opensim.  We are all still on version
0.7.0.2 arn't we?

ALways trying to keep up and prevent myself as well as others from
becoming lost in here.

Inu.

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.0.2 with 49 Regions
On Windows 7, 64-bit. Quad Core With a Terrabyte Drive, and 8gig
Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, and MySQL 5.1.41-community