[Opensim-users] Issues in setting up FreeSWITCH

Steam421 a.nantes at qut.edu.au
Sat Jan 29 05:27:53 UTC 2011

Hi guys, thanks a lot for you help.

>1) See if you can connect your Hippo Viewer to another grid and test voice
chat there.  Just to make sure it is not your machine or Viewer.

I haven't found any public grid that has voice chat enabled yet. OSGrid
seems to be down at the moment.

>2) Use some of the debugging features in FreeSWITCH ...

I see no active conferences.
I Enabled the xml_curl debug but I see no traffic or error messages.

I also tried to set up, in xml.curl.conf, the port (in my case 9002) of the
region in which the voice chat is enabled rather than using 8002. That is:
<param name="gateway-url"
value="http://127.0.0.1:9002/fsapi/freeswitch-config"  ...
but nothing happened. There seems to be no communication between opensim and
freeswitch.ù

Once again, freeswitch and opensim are running on the same machine so
internalIP=externalIP.