[Opensim-users] Sim owner permissions

Chris mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Wed Jan 26 16:00:25 UTC 2011

On 1/25/2011 10:49 PM, enauman wrote:
> I'm wondering why the sim owner account does not have permissions to
> view/edit nocopy/nomodify scripts in prims made by other accounts when they
> can edit the prims themselves. I have students working with scripts and if
> they forget to set permissions properly I can only check errors when they
> are present.

Have you tried going into Admin mode ( CTRL + ALT + G ) and then forcing
owner to you? Rez out a copy (or make a copy) of the object and edit it
then go to the Admin  menu -> Object -> Force Owner to Me (or try Force
Owner Permissive). If you are logged into the sim owner account it
should force the object's owner name to you and allow you to view the
script. Not sure if this will work when server side permissions are set
to true though. Good luck!