[Opensim-users] OpenSim threw an exception

James j_jamesk at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:38:00 UTC 2011

Hi Guys

Server Hardware CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core CPU 4800+

Server Hardware MEM: 2GB

OS: windows 2003 64bit

This is a odd one, I'm doing a clean installation of opensim 0.7.0.2 with a
clean mysql 5.5 database (no tables),

The whole installation seems to go through really well until the very last
section where it asks to you setup your region, the last section of the
region creation asks

"Your region is not part of an estate. Do you wish to join an existing
estate? [no]:" as you can see from the error below I typed "no" then it
threw an exception error but I don't understand the error.

Can anyone tell me what its error is not happy about?

Thanks folks

James

Your region is not part of an estate.

Do you wish to join an existing estate? [no]: no

OpenSim threw an exception:

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Invalid attempt to access a field
before

calling Read()

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetFieldValue(Int32 index,
Boolean

checkNull)

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.GetValue(Int32 i)

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.get_Item(Int32 i)

   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.get_Item(String name)

   at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLEstateStore.DoLoad(MySqlCommand cmd, UUID
regionID

, Boolean create)

   at OpenSim.Data.MySQL.MySQLEstateStore.LoadEstateSettings(UUID regionID,
Bool

ean create)

   at OpenSim.Region.Framework.Scenes.Scene..ctor(RegionInfo regInfo,
AgentCircu

itManager authen, SceneCommunicationService sceneGridService, StorageManager
sto

reManager, ModuleLoader moduleLoader, Boolean dumpAssetsToFile, Boolean
physical

Prim, Boolean SeeIntoRegionFromNeighbor, IConfigSource config, String
simulatorV

ersion)

   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateScene(RegionInfo regionInfo, StorageManager
stor

ageManager, AgentCircuitManager circuitManager)

   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.SetupScene(RegionInfo regionInfo, Int32
proxyOffset, I

ConfigSource configSource, IClientNetworkServer& clientServer)

   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_fl

ag, Boolean do_post_init, IScene& mscene)

   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.CreateRegion(RegionInfo regionInfo, Boolean
portadd_fl

ag, IScene& scene)

   at
OpenSim.ApplicationPlugins.LoadRegions.LoadRegionsPlugin.PostInitialise()

   at OpenSim.OpenSimBase.StartupSpecific()

   at OpenSim.OpenSim.StartupSpecific()

   at OpenSim.Framework.Servers.BaseOpenSimServer.Startup()

   at OpenSim.Application.Main(String[] args)

   at OpenSim._32BitLaunch.Program.Main(String[] args) in
C:\OpenSim\trunk6\Open

Sim\Tools\OpenSim.32BitLaunch\Program.cs:line 47

Application will now terminate!