[Opensim-users] dropping regions

enauman enauman at hewittschool.org
Wed Sep 29 16:53:20 UTC 2010

Thanks Marcel,
Yes I was looking into that this morning. I found the tables and changed the
outlier region to have the same estate ID as the others. Same problem with
dropping regions. So then I removed the disappearing region's UUID from the
region_map table, recopied the original bin folder and setup a new region
with the unique values it should have (name, UUID, location, port) and
loaded the OAR backup into it. So even in the DB it should be a completely
new region. And it still drops out from the viewer! It just seems to
disconnect from the grid...If I'm on it when it drops out all the other
regions disappear.
After playing around alot it seems they mostly drop after teleporting, so
I'll have to have people fly for now till I can lick this.
Argghh...