[Opensim-users] PhyFPS

Teravus Ovares teravus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 20:18:06 UTC 2010

It's hard to say without more description.   You could have various
wandering physical objects running around.   There could be a physics
situation that is causing significant load on the CPU, there could be
other mitigating factors like requests timing out.    Scripted objects
could be interacting with the physics scene causing problems.    Back
up the region then isolate specifically what's causing the load.

Admittedly, there isn't too much that you can use to help out

Two things that you can use to help isolate issues are the Top
Colliders and the Top Scripts dialogs in the Estate tools.   They'll
typically highlight potentially high load objects.

One of the other things that I've noticed over the course of
OpenSimulator development is the quality of the connection between the
user and the simulator matters when it comes to CPU usage.   If the
connection isn't good and you have 5 people, you may not notice issues
but when you have 20 people where the connection isn't great, a
significant amount of cpu time is spent just making sure that everyone
gets all of the packets and data when they're sent.

Regards

Teravus