[Opensim-users] upgrading to latest release (migration issue)

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Thu Sep 9 15:57:42 UTC 2010

Yes.
The MySql driver that is currently in the master branch is... a
challenge. We have it there because it's the newest one and supposedly
will allow for some future stored procedure optimizations. But it
doesn't work well for normal schema updates. It's a pain in the neck.

OpenSim official tagged releases will not have this driver, they will
have the older one, until someone figures out what's wrong with this
newer one. But the master branch has it, because it's the branch that is
trying to push things forward.

Bottom line: if you're using developer's code (master head) you're in
for a bumpy ride with this driver. You basically need to do all the
migrations manually. :-/