[Opensim-users] Database issues after server crash

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 7 03:04:34 UTC 2010

On 06/09/10 06:36, Chris wrote:
> Oh I see... I am not sure other than using a pose script with animation
> or just simply scripting in a sit target in the prim that was meant to
> be sat on. Sorry :) But if there is such a setting in the configuration
> I would like to know as well.

There do seem to be some bugs currently associated with sitting (e.g. the recently submitted 5015 by Chris).
Unfortunately I don't know if there are any settings that can currently be tweaked, though that might be something to
think about exposing if there are any parameters that could reasonably be fiddled with.

> On 9/6/2010 12:18 AM, Ben Faust wrote:
>> Importing objects such as chairs and other things meant for sitting.
>> Even the scripts often don't work correctly. If they don't have
>> scripts (and no scripts are desired), then all the individual prims
>> would need to be rotated, resized, re-textured, IF that would even
>> work; however, on a default-sized box, the avatar sits sideways and in
>> the ground, not on any side of the box. I was hoping there was a
>> setting in the server itself so sitting works in a reasonable way for
>> everyone.
>>
>> On 9/6/2010 1:11 AM, Chris wrote:
>>> You could try putting a script in said prim and fiddle with the
>>> llSitTarget function ( llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.0, 0.5>, ZERO_ROTATION);
>>> for instance) I don't know if this will accomplish what you are
>>> trying to do though. Just curious, what does it have to do with
>>> importing objects?

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc