[Opensim-users] Configure an OpenSim to use the ROBUST services

j_jamesk at hotmail.com j_jamesk at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 3 21:42:59 UTC 2010

Hi Folks

My friend and I are working on setting up Opensim in grid mode (robust), so
everything seems to be working okay when accessed the grid from the lan
using -loginuri http://XXXXXX.dyndns.org:8002 for the login url but when I
try to access the grid from an external location it hanging :

[14:11]  Logging in. Viewer may appear frozen.  Please wait.
[14:11]  Logging in...
[14:11]  Processing Response...
[14:11]  Initializing World...
[14:11]  Initializing multimedia...
[14:11]  Decoding images...
[14:11]  Waiting for region handshake...
[14:11]  MOTD: United we stand, divided we fall.

with a message that there was a problem while trying to connect.

Ports 9000-9010 tcp and udp are open on both router and xp firewall, so my
next line of thought was the region.ini
there is no mention (that i can find) that says you can't still using the
9000 range in the region.ini when in grid mode, here is an example of the
region.ini, do you have to specify an InternalAddress if your going to
access the grid from an external network

[Europe 1]
RegionUUID = "397fd0f8-4279-48d6-8ce2-573d915630dd"
Location = "4168,4665"
InternalAddress = "0.0.0.0"
InternalPort = 9000
AllowAlternatePorts = False