[Opensim-users] Problem with a floating avatar

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 10:03:25 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem on one of our OpenSim servers (an instance running 0.6.7)
where by none of the land gets rendered and the avatar is just floating. As
far as I understand normally this indicates a problem with network
connection. However, if I restart the server everything is ok again.

Anyone else experiences a problem like this and have any idea what might
cause it? There is nothing useful in the log files. Well the only error I
can see is the following line, but I am not sure if this is relevant:

2010-10-25 10:49:35,323 ERROR -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Avatar.InstantMessage.PresenceModule [PRESENCE]:
Failed to notify message server of agent location for
8446ba70-1b22-11df-b6d9-00155d007405

Regards,

Olli