[Opensim-users] Academics Discuss Mass Migration From Second Life

lamont cranston l.cranston at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 13:32:41 UTC 2010

Did anyone else find it humorous that he was venting about the concepts
behind free software, while using the internet? The internet is a medium
that was created by a government program and is built on free software and
open standards.

(yes, Virginia, there are proprietary pieces here and there, and the
majority of end clients attaching to the servers are proprietary - I am
speaking of the net proper. Even Steve Ballmer admits that 60% of business
servers are on Linux, and when you look at just ISPs the percentage goes
way,way up. )

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/151568/ballmer_still_searching_for_an_answer_to_google.html

Reminds me of the Interstate highway system in the USA - it was built for
the Military to move tanks, but it has become the backbone of civilian
commerce.

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:47 AM, skynetx <skyadv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Interesting article, especially that discusses what has been discussed
> quietly. A reality, the service even with discounts linden labs is still
> expensive, the open environment can generate cross-applications with a more
> fluid sims.
>

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Ovi Chris Rouly <maelzel at ieee.org> wrote:
>
>>  ... for those who didn't already see this note ...
>>

>> http://friendfeed.com/libraryviews/d6ceb6a7/academics-discuss-mass-migration-from-second
>>
>> http://chronicle.com/blogs/wiredcampus/academics-discuss-mass-migration-from-second-life/27672

> Skynet SilverStar
> Linden Labs Solution provider
>
> Movil: 54911-5008-5294
> Email:info at skynetsilverstar.net <Email%3Ainfo at skynetsilverstar.net>
> www.Skynetsilverstar.net
>
> (c) 2007 - 2008 Skynet SilverStar. All rights reserved. This document
> and the information contained here in is proprietary and confidential.
>  It may not be duplicated, redistributed, reused or displayed to any
> other party without the expressed written consent of Skynet
> SilverStar.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")