[Opensim-users] Running OpenSim on a Nokia N900 Smartphone

Aldon Hynes Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.com
Sun Oct 10 14:15:13 UTC 2010

> From: Justin Clark-Casey
> On 08/10/10 19:04, Aldon Hynes wrote:
> > Okay, I realize this is probably pushing the envelope a little bit, but
> > I've made a little bit of progress in running OpenSim on a Nokia N900
> > smartphone.
> > The Nokia N900 is a linux based phone. There is limited Mono support on
> > it, so I thought I would see if I could run OpenSim on it.
> > I actually got pretty far, but it seems to be failing when I get to the
> > I get an error saying Could not load types fo [MySql.Data ... ]
> > I don't believe that the Mono on the N900 supports MySql. On the other
> > hand, I'm using sqlite3 for my database, so I'm wondering why I'm
> > getting the MySql.Data error and if there is some configuration I can do
> > to get around this.
>
> It looks like this is a consequence of our module loading system.
>  If you move or remove OpenSim.Data.Tests.dll then
> OpenSim may start correctly without the MySQL library (it does on
> my local master).  For some reason, module loading is
> MySQL libraries that it references further on.

I removed OpenSim.Data.Tests.dll from the opensim/bin directory.  Still
getting the same error.

I wondered if maybe it was some other Test dll, so I moved all of the files
with *Test* out of the opensim/bin directory, and still got the same error.

So, is there something else I can do to get around the MySQL problem?
I tried using SQLLiteLegacyStandalone.ini and I seemed to get further, but
it gave me an error about failing to load plugin
OpenSim.Data.IXInventoryData  I tried tweaking SQLLiteLegacyStandalone.ini
but without any luck.

Also, when I am running an OpenSim region, do I need the test files?
Especially if I'm trying to run a pared down version on a mobile device?

Aldon