[Opensim-users] Running OpenSim on a Nokia N900 Smartphone

Aldon Hynes Aldon.Hynes at Orient-Lodge.com
Fri Oct 8 18:04:25 UTC 2010

Okay, I realize this is probably pushing the envelope a little bit, but I've
made a little bit of progress in running OpenSim on a Nokia N900 smartphone.

The Nokia N900 is a linux based phone.  There is limited Mono support on it,
so I thought I would see if I could run OpenSim on it.

I actually got pretty far, but it seems to be failing when I get to the

I get an error saying Could not load types fo [MySql.Data ... ]

I don't believe that the Mono on the N900 supports MySql.  On the other
hand, I'm using sqlite3 for my database, so I'm wondering why I'm getting
the MySql.Data error and if there is some configuration I can do to get
around this.

For more details, check my blog post

Building Virtual Worlds on the #N900
http://www.orient-lodge.com/node/4281