[Opensim-users] Diva Distro - Hitting Walls

iSkye Silverweb iskye.silverweb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 20:13:11 UTC 2010

Really appreciative of everyone trying to help - John, we followed your
>> suggestion, and we also followed Diva's:
>>
>> He tried without an entry in the hosts file:
>> Using the FQDN for -loginuri and the client can't even find the server.
>>

> He needs to add that entry in the hosts file, obviously, otherwise the name
> likely won't be resolved.
>
> then he would be using -loginuri http://our-grid.dyndns-server.com:9000
and including an entry in the hosts file that says:

>> If he uses the local IP address (192.168.0.9) for -loginuri (again,
>> without an entry in the hosts file), then it does find the server, but he
>> hangs at the handshake.
>>

> That won't work. He needs to use the FQDN.

OK.  Now we're doing a review session on FQDN.  He used the
http://our-grid.dyndns-server.com address as FQDN, which he acquired for the
public IP address of his router.  He's asking me to verify here that he did
it correctly.