[Opensim-users] Diva Distro - Hitting Walls

iSkye Silverweb iskye.silverweb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 16:45:37 UTC 2010

Drwhiet, we tried your suggestion, no joy.

When I say "not able to get in" that means not able to get past the
handshake stage; we hang and eventually get the error.  So here is what we
also tried:

Regions file
    - setting internal to 192.168.0.9 - he can get in from LAN, external
computers cannot.
    - put internal to 0.0.0.0 - external computers get in, he cannot.  Left
it at that.
External in both cases was the FQDN we got from dyndns,
our-grid.dyndns-server.com
If he set it to 192.168.0.9, he could get in from LAN, but external
computers could not.
Set external back to FQDN, internal IP at 0.0.0.0.  With this external
computers will get past the handshake and log in completely, while he hangs
at the handshake trying from inside the LAN.

He tried turning off all firewalls and antivirus, then on the router
allowing all ports open - STILL not able to get in. Put all back.

Looked at hosts file, put one on the computer that opensim is running on.
If set to 127.0.0.1, it hangs for external computers, when he takes it out
completely, external computers can get in.
If set to 129.168.0.9, he can get in from LAN but external computers can't.

If he removes the hosts file from the opensim server, he can't get in (even
if he has the hosts file set to the latter on the computer he tries to log
in from - different from the opensim computer) but external computers can.
He tried the hosts file on the server with the router address, external
computers cannot get into the grid.

We're puzzled by how it seems EITHER he can get past the handshake and
complete login to the grid OR the external computers can; we cannot seem to
get BOTH to completely log in.  Very puzzling.  He's left it so external
computers can log in, at the moment.

Any more suggestions?