[Opensim-users] Diva Distro cant validate avatar, (but wifi can)

Hawkerhunt gary at westmont.co.uk
Sat Nov 27 23:21:42 UTC 2010

Diva,

Thanks for your patience with this, and it's fixed now :-)

My capitalisation was correct, but I missed a key fact on Domain names.  I'm
an RL programmer , stretching from Fortran (remember that?) to C++ these
days, so I do take care in that respect. Unfortunately for this case,my
skills are in real-time industrial automation, and not internet/web.

I ws not aware until you pointed me in the right direction, that domain
names all revert to lower case.
I was using MorpheusGrid.com in the .ini's, and in the -loginuri, but of
course, now I understand the MorpheusGrid.com entered into the viewer was
reverting to morpheusgrid.com before the validation in opensim.

SO it all looked ok on the surface, but I was being beaten by my lack of
understanding on how domain names were handled on the web.

Thanks again for the help.