[Opensim-users] Moving Script Recipes from SL to OpenSim

Kay McLennan mclennan.kay at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 14:09:04 UTC 2010

I am in the process of moving my educational builds, materials, etc. from SL
to a hosted OpenSim VW.  In turn, I encountered a problem with a "go to
website" script -- see the script below.  That is, the note card giver
script I moved from SL to OpenSim works fine but the "go to website" script
does not.  Any suggestions for what I need to do to fix the "go to website"
script and/or an alternative "go to website" script?

Note:  Even though it is likely quite obvious, the extent of my programming
experience is limited to using and modifying LSL script recipes.

string message="Touch to open the School of Continuing Studies web
site...";  //Put your message for the Load URL window here
string URL="http://www.scs.tulane.edu/";      //Put the URL you want to open
here
default
{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetText(llGetObjectName(), <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, 1.0);
    }
    touch_start(integer total_number)
    {
        llLoadURL(llDetectedKey(0),message, URL");
    }
}

With the following error received:  (15, -1)  Unexpected EOF

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best,
Kay

*Kay L. McLennan, Ph.D.