[Opensim-users] NPC Movement: Success!!

bodzette Coignet bodzettecoignet at gmail.com
Sat Nov 20 06:34:04 UTC 2010

Just to let you guys know the latest.

Don't have the code working in 0.7 yet but I have the following working in
0.6.9

1. NPCs Appearing
2. NPCs Talking
3. NPCs Animating
4. NPCs Moving (more or less)

i.e. the basics.

Since I hacked the hell out of #4 and I'm still not sure what's going on,
why it works etc, I don't have too too fine tuned control over it.
My ruthie test NPC just starts the hell walking off the edge of the sim LOL
so I need to work on the details of the updateargs and the whole threading
(or not) thing.

Don't know what's going on 100% yet but as soon as I have it going I'll let
you all know.

Also: any code I produce I will release publicly because I know there is
demand for this out there.

A big thanks to Teravus and anybody else who has given out some clues.

Stay tuned folks.