[Opensim-users] trying to set up freeswitch

enauman enauman at hewittschool.org
Fri Nov 19 15:37:19 UTC 2010

I have FreeSWITCH 1.0.4 running successfully with a multiple sim instances on
WinXP and I would say if you are only trying to connect behind a firewall
you should use the local IP in xml_curl.conf.xml and Opensim.ini and see if
it works that way. I had it going that way and it worked fine, then did the
port forwarding and NAT settings on our firewall to open up our sims
outside. So far, the sims are accessible but not FreeSWITCH because I still
have to figure out the correct ports to open for that. But with the public
IP in xml_curl.conf.xml and in OPensim.ini ONLY in the
freeswitch_service_server variable the voice DOES work internally.
@Ai, nice list of troubleshooting measures!
@Diva, now that is an interesting problem, separate channels in a region!
Certainly make people feel alone together...

Erik N