[Opensim-users] trying to set up freeswitch

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 20:23:06 UTC 2010

Diva Canto wrote:
>Does this mean that the OpenSim instance that is running on the same
>machine as FreeSwitch (in your case "Talk") does not support voice?

No Diva, we have FreeSwitch working on ALL our regions as we set them
all to use the single server.  But to be safe we felt we should run a
simple single region OpenSim.exe on the same host as FreeSwitch as
well. I believe I did get it working without that, i.e. Freeswitch
was on a separate server top ALL our Opensim.exes.. but felt it safer
to have such a setup

We were using FreeSwitch 1.0.4 on Winodws Vista 32 bit OS for
Freeswitch and Opensi,.xex.

I put all this info as notes at http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Freeswitch_Module