[Opensim-users] Opensim support for spatial voice with Freeswitch

Olli Aro olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 09:10:02 UTC 2010

Yes no idea what happened to whisper... :)

But looking Mumble, integrating it seems pretty straight forward. Maybe it
could be as easy as modifying SLVoice accordingly?

But difficult to say since I cannot find source code for this to have a
look.

Rajeswari: You wrote that the source code is available at
http://www.vivox.com/open/. I can only see binary downloads and a written
promise to release the source code one day in future. Where did you find the
source code?

If we do manage to locate the source code and licensing for modifying it for
Mumble is ok, anyone else on this list interested to kickstart a proper open
source project in order to get this sorted?

I, for sure, would be interested in contributing any way possible. We really
need to get the voice sorted. After that has been sorted and SL viewer 2 is
fully working we have a great product here.

Regards,

Olli