[Opensim-users] uploading a texture from python/php

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 9 01:31:40 UTC 2010

On 08/11/10 12:10, Jeroen van Veen wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Thanks for the tip. Currently i have a poi service and an uploader
> service(both xmlrpc) and a client which performs the sequence. It works ok,
> except that sometimes the libomv uploader fails silently and doesnt time out.
> Any idea how to make the texture uploading time out properly? The involved
> uploading code is at
> https://github.com/phrearch/ppt2os/blob/master/upload_service/Tools.cs

Sorry, I'm afraid I don't know if libomv provides a timeout parameter.  Of course, you can also set a Timer yourself and
kill the request if it's taking too long.  An example of this can be found in the OAR save asset request code, though
this is the long-winded way of handling this.

> kind regards,
>
> Jeroen
>

> On Friday 05 November 2010 00:11:23 Justin Clark-Casey wrote:
>> On 02/11/10 13:41, Jeroen van Veen wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I was wondering what options can be used  to upload textures to opensim.
>>> Im trying to upload a ppt to the inventory, converting the ppt with
>>> apache poi. not really sure how to do the last step though.
>>>
>>> thanks for the help!
>>
>> I suspect the easiest way is to convert the ppt with POI beforehand and
>> then use a libomv client to upload textures rather than trying to do
>> anything within the OpenSim code itself.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc