[Opensim-users] Detect distance from BOT to the chatting avatar.

Tomas Trescak tomi.trescak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 14:23:59 UTC 2010

Dears

I need to detect distance from my bot to the chatting avatar.
I have an event handler in my BOT that detects chat messages:

Client.Self.ChatFromSimulator += HandleClientSelfChatFromSimulator;

This method should only do something if avatar is close enough to my BOT

private void HandleClientSelfChatFromSimulator (object sender, ChatEventArgs e)
{
	// detect distance	and possibly execute
}

THE BOT

My problem is that the coordinates I receive in ChatEventArgs.Position are not compatible with any coordinates that I hold in: Client.Self.SimPosition or Client.Self.RelativePosition or Client.Self.GlobalPosition

How do i convert from LOCAL coordinates received in e.Position to any coordinates that I have in Client.Self?
Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Tomas