[Opensim-users] wiki documentation

Jeroen van Veen j.veenvan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 08:58:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

The current wiki is a bit of a chaotic collection. I think we all agree that
someone needs to step up, and create the basic structure. I've done some
documentation on the wiki in the past, and would be willing to invest some
time in documenting the project.

I suggest we create a new wiki next to the existing one, and create a whole
new structure for it. Once it's done, it can simply replace the existing wiki.
The structure that i propose is having all the direct information on the
frontpage. I made an example template on
http://opensim.showcase.surfnet.nl/wiki/index.php/Hoofdpagina

The idea is to have columns for each user group:
* general info
* opensim users
* opensim administrators
* opensim developers

Also, i propose to dump the multi-language support, because it results in
outdated information(its not maintained properly). Another thing would be to
have a discussion with developers/users about general wiki conventions. These
wiki conventions could help to keep the information consistent. Let me know if
you guys need some help. I also have experience styling mediawiki templates,
so tweaking the current style wont be a problem.

kind regards,

Jeroen / Phrearch