[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

Marcus Llewellyn marcus.llewellyn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 13:52:38 UTC 2010

I found a link that has some info on the BVH format, and I'll place the URL
at the end of this message. This particular document describes how 3DS Max
handles BVH files, but all the relevant info is in there. It's not a very
complex format (and it's not XML btw).

I'm assuming that the binary version was something cooked up by LL, and
probably just removes all of the textual information in favor of expecting
joint rotation and offset data to be there in a predetermined order,
followed by the frame data.

Anyhoo, here's the link:

http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database/3dsmax-bvh-import-specification