[Opensim-users] need clarifiation about releases

Adelle Fitzgerald Adelle at DreamTechnologies.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 00:32:22 UTC 2010

My suggestion is to obtain the actual git# when submitting a mantis.
There is a field for this: *Git Revision.

To do so, right after you clone, checkout and pull you can run the
following command: git log -n 1 --pretty="format:%h :%ci" > bin/.version
This will enter the exact git# in the file /bin/.version, which will
also be available in-world when you go to region/estate.

You can also just run the following from command line/bash to display
within command prompt/bash: git log -n 1 --pretty="format:%h :%ci"

Adelle.

-----Original Message-----
From: opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de
[mailto:opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] On Behalf Of ssm2017
Sent: 14 March 2010 23:52
To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Subject: [Opensim-users] need clarifiation about releases

hello

i am confused about releases (and im sure im not the only one)

the wiki says that the last release is 0.6.8
in 0.6.8, there are :
0.6.8
0.6.8-release
0.6.8-post-fixes
and a lot of people would take the last version in
http://dist.opensimulator.org/

the devs tell me that the last release is 0.6.9-post-fixes
when watching this page :
http://opensimulator.org/viewgit/?a=shortlog&p=opensim&h=refs/heads/0.6.
9-post-fixes
i can see that the 0.6.9 last tag is r/12400 (on today)
when im saying to the devs that i am using r/12385, i have the answer
that versions > a9580eb are on master branch
https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/opensim-users/2010-March/004046.html
im not a C# or git expert so
can i say that the last 0.6.9-post-fixes release is r/12400 ?

i have a bug trying to use this "last version of 0.6.9-post-fixes"
to get it, i have done :

git clone git://opensimulator.org/git/opensim
git checkout 0.6.9-post-fixes
git pull

then i have compiled using mono 2.4.2.3

then wen running "mono OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe, i have an a bug

so i would like to report that bug in mantis

the mantis report issue page is only showing me as last releases :
master or 0.6.8.RC1 .....

what should i do ? report this bug as 0.6.8.RC1 ? report is as master
? report it in opensim-dev list ? go back to school ? see a doctor ?
forget about opensim ? forget about computers ? ask my mother ?

to resume : the wiki is out of date, the mantis issue report page is out
of date

is the 0.6.9-post-fixes a release or just a dev experiment transition
version before 0.7 ?

can i do something with my poor knowledge to help ?