[Opensim-users] Working with the new ROBUST Changes

diva at metaverseink.com diva at metaverseink.com
Fri Mar 5 19:40:38 UTC 2010

Master_Mirage wrote:
> 4) OSWiredux will not work anymore. If you rely on it for user
> registrations, consider finding an alternative solution before you
> upgrade your production grid. Ideally, you will deploy that alternative
> solution in your test grid before you deploy it into your production grid.
>
> + Im assuming WI-redux also wount work and thats quite troublsome as i have
> no idea what else there is
>    What i use in production is highly interactive with the front end at many
> levels.
>    Mayby its not the same thing as OSWiredux? anyway thats a huge hurdle for
> us.

This troubles me too, as I have a couple of small grids that need a web
front end. I've been looking at Drupal this morning, but I was
discouraged by how horribly complicated it is to install. Even if I can
eventually make it to work, I will never be able to teach people how to
make it work. It's really horrible!

I took a look at OSWiredux and I was also discouraged. It seems too
complicated. But that doesn't mean that OSWiredux is dead. Someone with
enough PHP knowledge should be able to fix it to work with the new DB
schema -- just a few table/field name changes, and it should be salvageable.