[Opensim-users] Working with the new ROBUST Changes

Master_Mirage mirage123 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 5 14:46:17 UTC 2010

Yes looks like a challange

4) OSWiredux will not work anymore. If you rely on it for user
registrations, consider finding an alternative solution before you
upgrade your production grid. Ideally, you will deploy that alternative
solution in your test grid before you deploy it into your production grid.

+ Im assuming WI-redux also wount work and thats quite troublsome as i have
no idea what else there is
   What i use in production is highly interactive with the front end at many
levels.
   Mayby its not the same thing as OSWiredux? anyway thats a huge hurdle for
us.

5) The default configuration now is 1 single ROBUST server with all the
12-or-so services, and then any number of simulation servers. Depending
on the scale of your operation, you may want to run the default
configuration or not. If you have a really big grid, with lots of users,
very likely you will want to separate groups of services into their own
ROBUST servers, and placing those in their own boxes. With the new
architecture, this is trivial to do. However, I haven't had time to
write the documentation yet, so I won't be able to teach people how to
do it right now. I already told a few things to the OSGrid folks over
the IRC, so maybe they can figure it out and teach everyone else how to
do it before I have time to document it properly.

+ The plumbing aspect of this is something i can deal with as i have sep.
services in the past via robust and is prob about the same way as b4. I feel
a bit more comfortable with this than working with wi-redux problem. So ill
try and lend a hand with #5. I allready have the servers on local lan so
makes it somewhat easyer to lay it out.

As far as the Mysql stuff, i allready use master/slave mysql replication so
that when things like this comeup i have a seperate mysql instance to test
with. The replicator is an exact clone of all the production grids data and
still isolated at the same time. IAR/OAR wount be nessary in my case as it
would be using the same data anyway and as a clone theres no big deal if it
all goes wrong in testing.
I brushed on the subject in other posts and this is yet another reasion why
someome might consider master/slave replication.

For us, theres a few serious concerns right now. The front end (what do we
use), new user acounts (bug allready found not fixed yet), and oscurrency
(wount build right now). All of them we have to have b4 i can switch to it.

This would be FULL GRID MODE no HG testing using a crosssection of 30
regions all ready developed.
So theres alot of stuff/mode's that should also be tested that i wount be
doing.

:-)