[Opensim-users] Inventory folder depth and IAR backup

Chris Kennedy mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Wed Mar 3 06:37:04 UTC 2010

I have a few questions about folder and object nesting in the inventory

How deeply can one nest folders in their inventory before IAR backup
possibly starts having problems reading the folder structure during a
backup or restore?

Can a really deeply nested folder structure cause problems for OpenSim
in general?

Does this also apply to multiple object nesting (for example: a box with
items inside another box with items and these two boxes inside yet
another box with more items)

I was just wanting to know because I am trying to sort out some stuff in
my inventory and I find the best way for me to do it is to make
"categories" of folders for different with several sub-categories under
those folders. Same goes with the object nesting.

Any insight on this would be much appreciated =)