[Opensim-users] SYSTEMIP and a repeated UseCircuitCode

Damon Hindermann damonh74 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:08:50 UTC 2010

What I have found to be the problem in this, if I understand the situation
properly, is when the server and client are on the same LAN.  To this day I
have not yet solved the issue.  I use pfSense router/firewall software as my
router.  Even though I am using the right setup in regions.ini and I
supposedly have loopback enabled on the router, I get this error as long as
my client is on the same side of the router.  I have created a separate LAN
with it's own interface card and it still doesn't work.

I use DynDNS for my WAN and I use that name as SYSTEMIP (myname.homedns.org)
and I have the other address as 0.0.0.0.  Somehow when my client requests
something of the server, my router is doing something wrong.  The server is
seeing the request and replying, but the reply does not get back to the
client, so the client tries again.  This is why the server says that it's
ignoring repeated requests.  Ultimately the client gives up and you can see
the cleanup on the server.

I'm having a network pro that knows pfSense in and out come to my home and
see what he can do.  I'm hoping we get it working and I can let people know
what's going on.

-Damon

  _____