[Opensim-users] Opensimulator 0.7 latest git (master) "Old Guids=true"..??

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 16 00:11:35 UTC 2010

On 14/06/10 17:56, DutchGlory wrote:

> a new option is added to  Opensimulator 0.7 latest git (master)  "Old
> Guids=true" what does this mean?

 From some discussion in opensim-dev, it seems that this is needed to prevent mysql treating char(36) fields as UUIDs and enforcing that these fields contain only valid UUIDs....  In OpenSim it's possible to put arbitrary data in these fields.

Seems kind of crazy in mysql-land to me but there you go.  I think this only applies to the latest mysql driver update so older code should be fine.  If people just try and use their 0.6.9 ini files in 0.7 they will need to make this change to all mysql connections, though we recommend starting with fresh files and duplicating changes individually rather than just copying things across.  See http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7_Release for more details.

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org