[Opensim-users] Weird IAR problem with 0.7.0 RC1 Post-Fix

Chris Kennedy mewtwo0641 at cox.net
Sun Jun 13 11:15:53 UTC 2010

Hi, I am having a weird problem with OS 0.7.0 RC1 (post-fixes), I set up
a new instance of OpenSim, with a new test database for 0.7.0 and tried
to load an IAR that I created with 0.6.9 and I end up with a really
weird inventory structure that looks similar to this:

My Inventory
     \_ (System Folders Here)

     \_ My Inventory (imported from IAR)
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations
             Animations (....etc)
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts
             Body Parts (etc)
             Callng Cards
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing
             Clothing (etc)
             (and so on so forth down the list of imported folders)

                 \_ All of my imported objects from the IAR are here
outside of the imported folders in an unsorted jumbled (albiet
alphabetical lol)  mess rather in the folders i originally had them in.

(End of Inventory)

In each of the folders there are folders that I have created inside
(i.e., Animations > Poses, Animations > Test Anims, Animations > Funny
Stuff )

I know that 0.7.0 is still a work in progress (hence why I am testing
this on a new temporary database for now) but wanted to ask why this is
happening.

If it is simply an incompatibility between the 0.6.x style IAR's and
0.7.x OS ; is there anything I can do to fix it... short of having to
recreate my inventory folder structure by hand and then move all of my
objects into the newly created folders (I'd really rather not have to do
this)?

Aside from the above, the output on the server appears to be normal, and
I did not notice any errors.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!