[Opensim-users] Freeswitch Ports?

peter host virtualregions at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 22:34:32 UTC 2010

Just for the record. I had loads of problems making freeswitch work on
the latest 0.6.9-postfixes ; I reverted to the official 0.6.9 and it
works 'out of the box' (sorta). Freeswitch 0.1.6 built from the repo
still throws "[ERR] mod_xml_curl.c:304 Received HTTP error 404 trying
to fetch http://..." errors, which disappear when switching back to
freeswitch 1.0.4 or previous.

I'm also running freeswitch on a different low-lattency server, with
5060 & 5080 ports open (tcp+udp) to the world, but i'm afraid i won't
be able to help you much as it's hosted and i don't know which
hardware they use (switches/routers)

As for remote mysql, i also did that earlier, and for the same reasons
as you (perf issues, lattency), i abandonned it for local mysql
databases. It's really not worth the effort. All the more so as dumps
being smaller, backups progress more smoothly.

(all this on debian linux)

NB : the BEST freeswitch installation method i found sofar on debian
is to just download the tgz, modify modules.conf, then issue a
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc -b" ; as freeswitch is
debian-friendly, it then automatically builds (10 or so) .deb
packages, which make installation/debugging/portability easier. As
you're on Ubuntu, the same method should apply.