[Opensim-users] Upgrading from 0.6.8 to 0.6.9

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:32:20 UTC 2010

On 10/06/10 01:29, Robert Klein wrote:

> Really? Well for future reference (and ease of migration), what are we going
> to need to be aware of for going from 0.6.9 to 0.7?

There's some information on http://opensimulator.org/wiki/0.7_Planning.

Essentially, there have been some significant changes to the underlying user related data schemas.  I believe that people just using OpenSim should see an automatic migration as usual.  People using projects that interact directly with the database (e.g. web-based user registration frontends will need to have a migration plan for upgrading these).

I'm sure there will be some documentation on required changes nearer the time, which I imagine will consist mainly of using ROBUST for user and messaging services instead of the legacy OpenSim.Grid.UserServer.exe and MessagingServer.exe

--
Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org